Wednesday, June 13, 2012

love me some pregnancy!

June 15, 2011-32 Weeks. How sweet is she?! I remember I would stare at this picture & yearn to hold her.
35 weeks, 5 days.
Woah, look at that growin' belly!
My parents got Addison this adorable dress & she wore it when she was 2 days old for her newborn pictures.
Rewind 12-15  months, back to my pregnancy days. Back when my normally 5'2" 100 pound self, was  still 5'2" but 130 pounds & growing fast!  I loved, loved, super loved being pregnant. I  even documented my growing days, week by week with pictures. Maybe I was in love with it because I didn't find out I was even carrying our baby until I was almost 18 weeks along. (I'm sure when* we have another baby if I find out at like 6 weeks, like a normal woman...the wait will be horrible!) Whatever the reason I simply adored every single thing about it. I loved watching my belly grow. I loved shopping for maternity clothes. I loved taking care of myself more than I ever had before, for my baby. I loved people asking about our future baby girl. I loved decorating her nursery. I loved ultrasounds. I loved shopping for baby clothes & toys. I loved picking out names. Most of all I loved feeling & seeing Miss Addison move and grow inside my body. Now, that isn't to say I didn't have any nasty/crazy side effects. I skipped morning sickness (yippee!) I wasn't even that grouchy to my husband (you can even ask him, he will vouch for me!)  BUT I was a bank teller (who stood alotttt) up until 9 days before our girl made her grand entrance. So, guess what I did have for about 2 weeks?! Nasty, swollen, sore ogre feet! It was quite gross & to the point where my shoes wouldn't fit. Yellow box flip-flops 3 sizes too big?? Yes please! Anyway, this is all leading up to my next blog entry "Addison Kenley's Birth Story!" Because even though I loved being pregnant, I'm not a patient person & my patience was withering away fast by August 2, 2011. I'm going to try to update that blog entry tomorrow, but It's almost 1 A.M. & dirty laundry needs washed & my bed is calling my name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment